Constructive Functions Mass Culture and Modern Culture in a Megalopolis.
Postmodern as a phenomenon of culture; the influence of culture on us, and of us on culture; the line between art and non-art. During the course the main concepts of postmodern philosophy will be examined in detail.
Fifth lecture in the cycle. Constructive Functions Mass Culture and Modern Culture in a Megalopolis.
- Culture of the 21st century through the prism of mass culture: an analysis of modern serials and animated series as cultural texts.
- Socialization and inculturation through mass culture:
1) translation of sociocultural stereotypes for a mass audience;
2) the construction of mental and behavioral patterns.
- Mass culture as an intermediary between the specialized and ordinary levels of culture: imagining a scenario of possible options for the development of mankind, including the potential risks.
- The sociocultural space of a megalopolis and constructive opportunities for mass culture in the sphere of education.
Lecturer: Yulia Barysheva, candidate of cultural studies, associate professor.